Registration & Immunizations
Welcome! Whether you’re new to the area or just beginning your journey in education, we’re thrilled to meet you. We know you’re going to love it here at AASD!
Registering for Preschool or Kindergarten
Each spring, we host a parent information meeting where we address your questions and walk you through the registration process. Watch our News page and local media sources for dates and details about this event.
Preschool: Children who turn four years old on or before September 1 of the entering school year may enroll in preschool.
Kindergarten: Children who turn five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year may enroll in kindergarten.
Registering for High School
Please remember, when you present the completed forms in the office, we cannot create a schedule with you and your student until we receive the necessary course and grade information from your former school.
To register your child at Austin ASD, visit us in person at our office located at 138 Costello Ave., Austin, PA 16720. Please bring the following documents to ensure a smooth registration process:
- Registration packet. To save time, download and complete the paperwork before you arrive. No printer? No problem. We have registration packets available at the office.
- Child’s original birth certificate or a certified copy
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency. Include two forms of documentation such as
- property deed or lease agreement;
- utility, credit card, or property tax statement;
- driver’s license or vehicle registration.
- Transcripts from previous school(s) if applicable. High school students, we cannot create your schedule until we have course and grade information from your former school.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act can help provide school stability even when you do not have a permanent home. We directly enroll all migrant/homeless students into our district even if parents/guardians cannot produce the required documentation. The district works with such students to track down personal records. We do not inquire about immigration status during the enrollment process.
For more information regarding our homelessness program, please read the following: