PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST PROCEDURES:
The following are proper procedures for requesting records from Austin Area School District under Pennsylvania’s Right-to-Know Law, 65 P.S. §§ 66.1-66.9. s.
1. A written request for access to a public record shall be submitted on the required form(s) and addressed to the open records officer. Each request must include the following information:
a. Identification or description of the requested record, in sufficient detail.
b. Medium in which the record is requested.
c. Name and Address of individual to receive the district's response.
The district shall not require an explanation of the reason for the intended use of the requested record, unless otherwise required by law.
2. All requests for records shall be addressed as follows:
Austin Area School District
Open Records Officer – Mrs. Pam Terrette
138 Costello Ave.
Austin, PA 16720
3. All requests shall be in writing and shall be sent to the Austin Area School District by mail, facsimile to (814) 647-8869, email or delivered in person during the Austin Area School District’s regular business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays and official office closings.
4. If a written request for records is granted, the following fees will be charged:
Photocopies: $0.25 per copy
Certification of a Record: $1.00 per record (does not include notarization fees)
Specialized Documents: Actual Cost
Facsimile/Microfiche/Other Media: Actual Cost
Conversion to Paper: If a record is only maintained electronically or in other non-paper media, duplication fees shall be limited to the lesser of the fee for duplication on paper or the fee for duplication in the original media unless the requester specifically requests for the record to be duplicated in the more expensive medium
Postage Fees: Fees for Postage may not exceed the actual cost of mailing
A photocopy is either a single-sided copy or one side of a double-sided copy of a standard 8.5” x 11” page. The Austin Area School District may require a requester to prepay an estimate of the fees listed, if the fees required to fulfill the request are expected to exceed $100. All costs must be paid by certified check or money order made payable to Austin Area School District.
Appeals: Appeals may be made directly to the Office of Open Records at the following website: https://www.openrecords.pa.gov/Appeals/HowToFile.cfm
5. When responding to a request for access, the district is not required to create a record that does not exist nor to compile, maintain, format, or organize a record in a manner in which the district does not use. Information shall be made available to persons with disabilities in appropriate format, upon request and with sufficient advanced notice.